Coriander, Carrot and Parmesean Soup
Mmmm, just sitting here enjoying a bowl of this cheery, warm orange soup. I got the original recipe for this soup from this amazing site. However, hers is a mash and mine is definitely more of a soup. I didn’t have fresh coriander and so had to use ground coriander seed which is lovely! Also, I wanted to add a bit more nutrition to the game, and so used home-made chicken stock instead of water to boil it in. This definitely lends a “soupyer” flavor, but who can resist chicken stock?
- 3 c. chicken stock
- 1 lb. carrots, chopped
- 2 small potatoes, chopped (or try yams for a sweeter soup)
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/3 c. coconut milk
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- sprinkle parmesean cheese (or more for those cheese lovers, or less for the dairy intolerant)
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes
1. Boil the carrots and potatoes in the chicken stock until soft.
2. Use a blender, food mill or immersion blender to blend the soup until creamy.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and enjoy!